At First State Bank, we take the security of your FSB debit card seriously
Recently, Target stores alerted their customers of the potential for debit and credit card fraud as a result of a data compromise from purchases made in their U.S. stores. The compromise occurred from November 27 through December 15.
At this time, you do not need to call First State Bank to learn if you're impacted. You can continue using your First State Bank debit card while knowing that we are always working to help protect your financial information.
- We proactively monitor your accounts for fraud with industry-leading fraud protection measures. If we believe the account is at risk for fraud, we will notify you and reissue the card.
- All of your First State Bank debit cards are protected with our Zero Liability Guarantee if fraud does occur. That means you're not liable for unauthorized transactions you report to us.
- We also encourage you to monitor your accounts in Online Banking and Mobile Banking and let us know immediately if you notice fraudulent transactions. Additionally, you can set up proactive alerts to track your account activity.
- Know that fraud does not actually have to occur on your account for us to use these measures on your behalf. We may take these proactive steps to help minimize any occurrence of fraud and protect our customers.
- First State Bank will never email or call you requesting user names or passwords to your accounts with us.
The employees and officers of First State Bank thank you for visiting our website. Since 1958, we have been dedicated to serving Brazoria County. We offer personalized service and the highest quality products and services. We take pride in our history and getting to know our customers. We invite you to visit one of our three locations and we look forward to meeting you!